theTraditional Horticulture Society
Camellia X hortensis cv. 'Haru-no-Utena'
The symposium on the "Gardening in the Edo Period" was taken place as a symposium of the Japanese Society for Horticultural Science held at Nagasaki city in 2006, focusing on the highly developed horticulture in the Edo period ( Convener:Takayuki Tanaka, Speaker:Naotoshi Hakoda, Ryo Ogasawara and Koichiro Aoki ). There they planed to start a workshop on the Traditional Horticulture Society. Then the Traditional Horticulture Society was established on Sep. 19th, 2013.
In the first meeting, the policies of the society were proposed :
1) Meetings will be held as a workshop of the Japanese Society for Horticultural Science, two times / year;
2) For the time being, one keynote address will be presented in the meeting (From 2015, two keynote addresses will be presented. );
3) Not only the scientists but also enthusiasts, even they are not the member of the Japanese Society for Horticultural Science, are welcome to join the society;
4) Mailing list will be used as a tool for exchanging informations;
5) Membership charge is free;
Your active participation will be cordially invited. Please contact Dr. Takayuki Tanaka, professor of the Tokai University, ttanaka[a]agri.u-tokai.ac.jp (Note on @) for more detailed information and registration of the Traditional Horticulture Society. Though the main language is Japanese, informations of horticulture in China and Western countries will be discussed.
Collection of Links